Wednesday 25 May 2011

Around in time

    To give you an idea of the state of my house, my fingernails have bits of chipped blue nail polish left on them and my toenails have bits of chipped pink nail polish on them.  I was going to remove the pink nail polish and replace it with the pretty soft blue I bought recently.  I didn't get around to it.  
    I am amazed at the correlation between how much time and energy I have an how well I take care of everything.  I seem to be watching all the balls falling to the floor or throwing them all up at once.  I need to read the manual on juggling, but I believe the idea is to send the first up and then the next and then the next until they come around again; at which point in time it takes minimal effort to keep it going.    There is no mention of the proper way to juggle being to throw everything up and then watch it hit the ground.  Although that in its turn can be fun.   (see the youtube video of jello hitting the ground... it is actually quite beautiful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n5AfHYST6E )  
    The conclusion that I have come to is that I will give up trying to keep my house clean and myself beautiful and instead will concentrate more on being creative.  That is much more fun.  I made a lunch bag for school lunches out of an old pair of jeans and it is adorable.  I am rather proud of it.  I am almost finished a cable knit pair of mittens.  (I did begin them before a friends birthday six months ago!)  but I am also rather proud of how well they turned out.    It made me gleeful to make beautiful cupcakes out of little boxes and fabric and ribbon.  I love to make things.  
     I made an umbrella out of newspaper with the kids today.  It was very fun.  I wanted to dance around the house singing and I am sure I would have if it weren't for the mess in the way.....  
     So I will try to keep it clean enough to be able to dance and sing in the rain when I feel like it.  And my nails will stay tidy but oh so natural.  



1 comment:

  1. You wrote another blog post! Hurray!! Writing is also being creative and I hope that it also made you want to dance around. You are hilarious: paper umbrella, denim lunch bag. I love it! Keep it up! (I have some denim upstairs in a cupboard that I want to turn into something someday..)

    ReplyDelete